How to apply
Grants are awarded at the discretion of the Trustees and each application is considered on its own merit.
We fund items that are needed, or expenses that are incurred, as a direct consequence of an illness or disability.
We do not fund items that should be provided by local or national government agencies. We do not normally fund recurring costs.
Applications must be submitted on behalf of people living in Suffolk by a relevant professional including:
- Social workers
- Health visitors
- Voluntary organisations in the care sector
Examples of applications we have funded in full or part include:
- Travel for hospital appointments or visits
- Domestic appliances where a need arises through ilness
- Mobility aids such as scooters and riser chairs
- Respite breaks for people who are ill or disabled or their carers
- Heating costs where the need arises specifically from illness
- Bedding including protective covers and special mattresses
- Clothing required following illness or surgery
We will not normally contribute to:
- Holidays and 'breaks' for families
- Child care costs
- Alternative treatment therapies e.g. acupuncture
- Normal household running expenses
- Repayment of debts or expenditure that has already been incurred
- Applications not relating to an illness or disability
Application forms should be sent with any supporting notes to the Clerk who can provide futher information:
Clerk to the Martineau Trust
5 Princethorpe Road
Tel: 01473 724951
Application forms need to be completed by a qualified third party, such as a health visitor or social worker.
The Trust requires the names of all potential recipients. There may be occasions when the person making the application will need to obtain the consent of beneficiaries to share this information. If this is the case, please complete and return the consent form as well as the application form: